My 2014 gratitude list includes (but is not limited to):
- Visits from friends and family. We have been fortunate enough to reconnect with many people this year!
- My fun and patient and creative husband. I really love this guy! So nice to say after 20 years of togetherness.
- Getting strong and tough at Boot Camp (while laughing my ass off)
- Swimming. Competing. Reconnecting with a sport I love and people I haven't seen in a very long time (Go Gauchos)
- Parent Care. This will appear in the "challenges" column as well, but here, it is a gift. I live close to my mom and dad and I am grateful to have them in my life. They had some health challenges this year and it brought it home to me: we only go around once. I'm happy to help them when they need it, and give them their space when they need it.
- Vacations - to Sea Ranch, Arnold, Pajaro Dunes and San Diego - with extended family and with my own little family.
- More family on its way -- I'm going to be a Grand Aunt in February My nephew and his wife are expecting. That makes me a Grand Aunt, not a Great Aunt. I learned this from this YouTube video. You can learn nearly everything on YouTube.
- Infinite 8 - the girls, my business name is Infinite 8 Creative, but my girls group is The Infinite 8 and they are my foundation. I know that sounds dramatic, but they really are special friends. We have had amazing experiences together. Someone should write a book about us. Hmmm...
- I have a standing monthly coffee date with a dear (I won't include the adjective "old") friend and I look forward to that so much. She provides me so much entertainment (imaginary WW meetings? Sure!) and inspiration. I just love her so.
- Business Evolution. This is one of those items that will appear in both columns. I sort of put my business on hold this past year. After the 2013 holiday rush, and experiencing great success (thank you, supporters!) I decided to re-think my business goals. I'm still working on that and enjoying the journey of this creative life.
- ART! I am so grateful to have the time and space (sort of - never enough space!) to practice my creativity. Whether it's sewing, painting, jewelry making or refinishing furniture, I try to keep the creative juices flowing. It makes me a happier person.
- I have to include my dog on this list. He's almost 14 years old and he sleeps most of the day, but he has these bright flashes of energy that make me smile (and feel relieved that he's still actually alive.)
In 2015 I would like to learn meditation. I think this will help me become more focused and accomplish the other goals I have for myself.
I will swim in 3 swim meets and qualify for all my events for the Masters Nationals meet in San Antonio, TX (this will require some consistent training on my part!)
Also, I'd like to keep up with my somewhat recent artistic surge. I have been finding projects that inspire me on Pinterest and recreating them. Here's one now!
Oh, one more little nugget! After nearly starting a conversation with a great friend that verged on gossip
(or at the time I would say it was gossip masked as "concern for another friend") she said this to me:
There are two types of business: your business and NOT your business.
I felt inspired to break out the Modge Podge and create this.
The block has a few other gems I need to see on a daily basis.
I call it a block of wisdom. And a great reminder.